The Halle Companies, a company that specializes in development, construction and property management of a diversified real estate portfolio throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern United States, has an immediate opening for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic to support its Shop Operations in the Beltsville, Maryland area.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs routine troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment to include Trucks, cars, bulldozers and others.
- Maintains detailed records of equipment readiness
- Complies with all applicable safety, compliance and legal regulations.
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test Vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience repairing heavy equipment
- The ability to diagnose problems
- Ability to rebuild major components such as engines, transmissions, gears and hydrostatic drives
- Welding and fabricating skills
- Ability to work well with others, and to offer guidance to less senior mechanics
- The ability to work without direct supervision if necessary
The Halle Companies offers competitive salary to commensurate with experience
Paid Time Off: Vacation, sick, and Holidays
Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance