Industrial Electrician - Scrap Metal Processing Facility
The primary function of the Industrial Electrician position is to oversee and provide day-to-day electrical maintenance for the facilities and equipment of AMG's Baltimore, MD facility.
The Baltimore facility operates 16-24 hours per day and 6-7 days per week.
This position is normally scheduled to work 5-6 days per week during daylight hours. This position also requires the electrician being on call 24/7 for breakdowns. The electrician's responsibilities include preventive, predictive trouble-shooting and breakdown/repair maintenance activities. The electrician will work with a team of operators, maintenance and management personnel to provide this work.
• Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• 10+ years of Industrial electrical experience.
• Experience with fixed processing equipment, overhead cranes, and heavy mobile equipment.
• Experience in high and low voltage electrical practices, including trouble-shooting AC & DC control systems.
• Local to Baltimore, MD (Dundalk) area.
• Familiarity with ferrous scrap metals and/or Chemical processes is beneficial.
• Familiarity with Electro plating systems is beneficial.
• Work in a safe manner to prevent personal and co-worker injury.
• Inspection and reporting activities on all equipment.
• Trouble-shooting repairs and improvements during breakdown.
• Participate in development of maintenance practices.
• Maintain a clean work environment to avoid loss, injury and damage.
• Electrician is responsible for providing personal hand tools and storage of same.
• High-low voltage electrical repair and control voltage trouble-shooting.
• Close interaction with operaions and management personnel to provide direction.
• Participation in planning meetings and activities.
• Handle other duties as assigned.
Location/Region: Dundalk, MD (21222)