University of Maryland Extension, Queen Anne's County- 2 Administrative
Assistant II positions (#103525 & #103526),
Both are full-time (40 hr/week).
Under general supervision, this position provides support and information to the Area Extension Director in the areas of budget, account management, and communication with volunteers, county officials, and the Extension Advisory Council; the position also provides moderately complex administrative support to faculty and staff in the county office. The incumbent is responsible for office operations, and functions independently where procedures have been established, with moderate consequence of error.
High School Diploma or GED AND 3 years of experience providing administrative support. Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
• Answers phones for educators and staff. Responds to public inquiries both on the telephone and in-person. Registers participants and receives monies for classes, camps, workshops and publications;
• Types correspondence, newsletters, forms, reports, signs, press releases, flyers, brochures, power point presentations, etc. Reviews and edits for format, typographical and grammatical accuracy. Prioritizes based on need;
• Retrieves mail, opens and sorts. Mails newsletters (bulk) and correspondence. Checks newspapers for articles related to the Extension office for affirmative action files. Helps maintain calendars of faculty and staff, anticipates needs in order to assist faculty and staff;
• Provides a high level of support to the AED in terms of budget management. Is responsible for procurement of office supplies and publications and manages the billing system in support of that. Disburses funds as appropriate, in accordance with UME policies. Tracks travel and expenditure budgets for the office team. Schedules use of meeting spaces. Disburses funds in accordance with UME policy;
• Cross-trains with other office administrative assistant to provide high level of consistent service to the office in case of absence, illness, or other circumstances;
• Assists in preparing and administering departmental budgets by preparing financial documents, updating accounts, generating reports, and disburseing funds in accordance with UME policy. Procures office supplies and manages the billing system in support of that;
• Develops, implements and maintains paper and electronic filing systems;
• Makes travel and meeting arrangements for Area Director, Program educators, and staff as needed;
• Serves as a resource regarding procedure and policy related to human resources management issues;
• Gathers and consolidates data for reports and expense reports;
• Ensures confidentiality of information. Relays messages and instructions between supervisors and others, exercising independent judgement and initiative where guidelines and procedures have been established.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with experience, with base salary of $37,157.00 (after July 1, 2019). The University of Maryland offers an extensive benefits package.
Location/Region: Centreville, MD (21617)