The candidate shall provide professional consulting services to support the NAVAIR Navy ERP Business Office (NBO). The Navy ERP financial analyst provides SAP technical support for Navy financial and management accounting processes.
The candidate works directly with NBO government personnel, NAVAIR Navy ERP end-users, and business process owners to analyze and troubleshoot Navy ERP system issues. The analyst provides sustainment and end-user support as well as technical guidance for the financial modules and the associated financial business processes.
The position requires a Secret Clearance; candidates must have or, be able to obtain interim secret clearance due to a favorable review of the investigative questionnaire and fingerprint results.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Navy ERP financial business processes.
- Analyze, resolve, and track end-user issues and problems as they relate to financial business processes.
- Develop recommendations and alternatives to potential solutions to limit impacts.
- Assess business process recurring errors and locate root causes.
- Analyze and resolve Navy ERP problems and issues and work with the NBO and the Navy ERP Sustainment (i.e., NAVSUP Business Systems Center) teams to resolve HEAT tickets
- Assist in gathering and compiling inputs for proposed system and business process changes.
- Identify and develop methods to resolve problems or manage issues that directly affect the accomplishment of NAVAIR accounting functions in Navy ERP.
- Perform root cause analysis for system processing issues or inappropriate posting results and determine cleanup/corrective measures.
- Assess business impact of system financial gaps/defects and develop interim workaround solutions.
- Provide recommendations for system or business process improvements and efficiencies.
- Solicit and document new requirements to optimize Command utilization of Finance Module capabilities.
- Prepare written presentations and reports to management, team members, and user community to propose solutions to problems and resolve technical issues.
- Collaborate with professional peers and major users to ensure Command’s particular operational requirement and priorities receive appropriate consideration and properly represented software enhancements.
- Communicate complex information, concepts and ideas to a wide range audience in an accurate, comprehensive and well organized manner.
Experience/Education Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance; OR an additional eight (8) years of experience may be substituted for a BS or BA degree.
- At least eight (8) years Financial Management experience.Financial Management experience should include financial analysis of business programs, development of cost estimates, program status reports, and demonstrated knowledge of DoD Federal Management Regulations (FMR), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), PPBE and five (5) years of DoN procurement policies and procedures experience.
- Minimum of three years Navy ERP or Army GFEBS experience required
- Secret Clearance or Interim Secret Clearance required
- SAP FI experience, SAP CO experience - desired
- Familiar with month-end and year-end close processing in Navy ERP – highly desired
- Familiar with entitlements processing in Navy ERP – highly desired
- Familiar with labor processing in Navy ERP – highly desired
- Experience utilizing ERP financial modules to include Finance, Controlling, Funds Management and Asset Management.
- Experience in performing Comptroller and Accounting business processes in Navy ERP in the areas of Sales Order acceptance/creation and customer billing and Cash Processing and Unmatched transactions resolution.
An excellent opportunity with a highly successful, Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB). Every day, our clients trust Herdt to help navigate their most complex business and organizational challenges. We partner with our clients at all levels to ensure all business objectives are fully realized. Herdt provides project management, process and leadership support as well as specialized technical support to the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other Federal agencies. Herdt employees are accomplished individuals who have served as hands-on leaders in the U.S. military and private industry - We hire the best. Our employees lead some of the most complex enterprise business systems and business processes through implementation and sustainment. We are valued for our technical knowledge, business process expertise and industry best-practice solutions.
Location/Region: Lexington Park, MD (20653)