Ashley Addiction Treatment has a new opening for PT, Evening/Weekend Counselor.
Provides motivational counseling and assistance to patients and families in better understanding the disease process of alcoholism and chemical dependency.
The schedule for this position is Friday, 6:00pm - 10:00pm and 8:00am - 4:30pm Saturday and Sundays.
Maryland State Licensed and/or full Addictions Certification is required: Masters' degree is preferred.Essential Functions:
Provide case management and comprehensive psycho-social needs assessment to patient population.
2. Provide patient counseling, evaluation, and relapse prevention strategies based upon the individual patient.
3. Provide individual and group treatment for individuals and families coping with substance abuse and dependency.
4. Formulate program for treatment and rehabilitation of the patient, using knowledge of drug and alcohol abuse problems utilizing counseling techniques.
5. Formulate patient reviews and measurable goals and objectives, as required.
6. Update and maintain all patient charts and related documentation, as required by the State of Maryland and Joint Commission regulations.
7. Perform all other duties as directed by Clinical Supervisor.
- Master' Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or a related field from an accredited institution is preferred.
Bachelor's Degree may be considered. - All candidates must possess Drug and alcohol certification issued by the State of Maryland.
- Possess a working knowledge of substance abuse methods and treatment strategies.
- Possess knowledge of therapeutic interventions and counseling techniques.
- Ability to communicate accurately and effectively in all phases of patient care; including but not limited to personnel, families, and community agencies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office software and related computer applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform essential job functions.
Sit for long periods of time in-group sessions and at computer; speak and hear on telephone; type computerized notes; remain calm and rational during crisis situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing essential job functions.
Office setting and direct, face to face patient contact.
Location/Region: Havre De Grace, MD (21078)