Challenge your thinking and build an amazing career with the best people in the financial services industry! Baird’s Financial Advisors provide advice, strategies, and solutions to high-net worth individuals and families across the United States, serving as true partners. True wealth management goes beyond managing investments. At Baird, we understand it begins with learning all we can about what our clients want for themselves and their families. We work closely with them to prioritize their goals, utilizing Baird’s resources and expertise to create a tailored plan to ensure success as they’ve defined it. Our 1,700+ private wealth associates serve clients coast-to-coast from 90+ locations in 30 states. We have been recognized on Barron’s Top Wealth Management Firms for 10 consecutive years and hold over $200 billion in client assets. Check out this video to learn more about our Private Wealth Management business.
As a Client Assistant you will:
This professional is responsible for the client service & marketing functions of one or more Financial Advisors following a wealth management or portfolio management business approach, including any operational functions necessary to meet client service requirements. They will also participate in the Financial Advisors(s) business development efforts in alignment with the Financial Advisor(s) long-term business plan.
- Responsible for client onboarding coordination, which includes managing Financial Advisor(s) prospect pipeline, assisting with proposal generation, preparing new account paperwork, opening accounts, transitioning new assets to Baird and establishing an ongoing communication/client service plan.
- Partner with Baird’s Corporate Resource Groups and be knowledgeable of the services they are able to provide FAs, CAs and clients providing the best outcome for clients and the firm.
- Answers all incoming Financial Advisors' phone calls and handles as appropriate. Initiates action and advises Financial Advisor of action taken. May contact potential clients with Financial Advisor’s direction to introduce products.
- May schedule client appointments and/or conference room for appointments.
- Stay current and understand firm policy and procedures in an ever changing regulatory environment, being able to articulate the reason for certain requirements to clients as needed.
- Communicate progress updates to clients, as needed, on more complex projects.
- May manage the Social Media strategy for Financial Advisor(s)/team, including LinkedIn, FA Website, Twitter, etc.
- Maintain FA website, including periodic review calls with the provider. Prepare and present content ideas to FA.
- Maintain Client Relationship Management (CRM) system for Financial Advisor(s), as well as leverage the platform to manage the client relationship through mailings, reporting, e-mail tracking, and more, with the goal of implementing well-defined client service models.
- May organize and coordinate seminars and client events at the direction of Financial Advisor(s). Develops client lists, designs material and seminar/meeting content, coordinates PowerPoint presentations and follows through with client contact.
- Seek ways to enhance FA(s) business effectiveness and marketability.
- Develop prospecting material/ book of services offered
- Initiates and completes all transactions required to fully service client accounts i.e. paperwork, correspondence, client request fulfillment and special projects as needed
- Ensures compliance with Baird’s policies regarding correspondence, books and records requirements including trade policies, seminars, and marketing.
- May enter security orders including stocks, bonds, fixed income, options, annuities and other investment vehicle orders per Financial Advisors’ instructions or upon client’s verbal direction.
- May also provide back-up to other teams and the branch when necessary, as well as perform other duties and special projects as necessary.
- Maintain primarily electronic files and ability to retrieve the information quickly as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or industry experience comparable to Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-7 years of prior industry and/or administrative work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Must obtain SIE, Series 7/63/65 or 7/66 licensure within 12 months of employment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn and effectively navigate Baird’s Private Wealth Management technology platforms (Thomson ONE, Albridge, Envestnet, CRM, Money Guide Pro, LiquidOffice etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including e-mail); ability to adeptly exchange ideas and information.
- Emotional Intelligence - Able to communicate with respect using appropriate language and voice volume in all situations.
- Good interpersonal skills -- ability to effectively and proactively work with both external and internal clients and relate with others in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives. Willing and able to research and provide an answer or feedback within 24 hours of initial.
- Strong organizational skills -- consistent ability to prioritize work flow of self and Financial Advisors in order to achieve specific goals in a timely manner.
- Understands compliance regulations including the client complaint process and correspondence policies. Maintains client confidentiality in all situations.
- Proven reliability in attendance and performance. Strong work ethic, 90% of your day is spent actively working on FA/Client requests.
- Detail oriented with an emphasis on accuracy. Critical thinking and proactive problem solving skills.
- Good analytical skills with ability to perform semi-advanced math.
- Staying current and understanding firm policy and procedures in an ever changing regulatory environment, being able to articulate the reason for certain requirements to clients as needed.
Who we are:
Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with more than 100 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has over $200 billion in client assets and more than 3,500 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. As stated in our Associate Promise, we are passionate about how we achieve great outcomes together for our clients, communities and each other. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 16 on the Fortune magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2019, our sixteenth consecutive year on the list. To learn more about Baird’s culture, click here.
Location/Region: Easton, MD