General job description:
A part-time position reporting directly to the Codes Enforcement Officer, and the Town Manager. The ACI will perform directed patrols to inspect for compliance with various Town Codes and permitted actions, including but not limited to: construction without permits posted, signage violations, tall grass, litter and garbage, deteriorating structures, short term rental violations. The ACI will also be directed to investigate complaints of violations of Town Codes. In addition to working two mornings a week for 3-4 hours each morning, the ACI will perform a minimum of one hour of directed patrol inspections on the weekend and a minimum of one hour one evening per week after 6 p.m. for a total weekly schedule of 8-10 hours. All Town employees are subject to a six-month probationary period upon initial appointment. The Town of St. Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Specific duties for the Assistant Codes Inspector:
At the direction of the Codes Enforcement Officer:
Written reports of patrol rounds:
– areas covered
– detailed description of new violations, including photographs
– detailed descriptions (including photographs) of continuing violations or progress on correction of violations
Patrols to be performed each weekend and at least one evening during the work week in addition to during normal office hours.
– Maintain records of patrols and inspections.
– Work with Town’s attorneys in preparation for any legal action.
– Provide sworn testimony in court when required.
– Attend the Historic District Commission meetings.
– Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will:
– Work well with the general public and volunteers on a daily basis.
– Have good written skills.
– Accept responsibility for completion of assignments with a minimum of supervision.
Salary range is $15.00-$20.00 per hour, depending upon qualifications. No benefits are provided with this position. Vehicle mileage will be paid at federal mileage reimbursement level (2018 – $.54.5 per mile)
Location/Region: Saint Michaels, MD (21663)