$24.50 - $30.62
Assists as first or second surgical assistant during surgical procedures; assists the surgeon by controlling bleeding and by providing wound exposure, using instruments, suturing, and providing hemostasis during the actual procedure; perform as a scrub technician during surgical procedures, assisting the surgical team in the care of patients pre- and postoperatively, transportation of patients to and from units as necessary, and assisting with necessary errands to other departments.
Education & Experience: * Successful completion of an approved surgical assistant training program or be a graduate of a foreign medical school.
* Six months of experience as a Surgical Assistant in which they have assisted on major/minor procedures.
* Knowledge of surgical instruments and procedures.
Licensure & Certification: * CPR certification required.
Skills & Abilities: * Knowledge of surgical instruments and procedures.
* Ability to communicate effectively with physicians and other hospital personnel.
* Ability to ensure the confidentiality and rights of patients and confidentiality of hospital and departmental documents.
* The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with patients, physicians, health system officials, other health system personnel and the general public is essential.
* The ability to ensure the confidentiality and rights of all patient and departmental documents is required.
* Ability to add and subtract basic mathematical problems.
* Ability to interpret and understand chemical/biological indicators, sometimes complex instructions, procedures and regulatory guidelines.
* Demonstrates ability to problem solve and set priorities.
Physical Demands: Will work in a clean, well-lighted fast-paced environment.
Requires pushing and pulling equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
approximately 65% of the time; requires lifting and carrying equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 lbs.
approximately 85% of the time. Requires occasional moving and lifting of patients, weighing up to 200 lbs., with assistance of other staff members, and utilizing proper body mechanics.
Requires walking and sitting approximately 20% of the time; requires standing approximately 85% of the time.
Requires occasional bending and reaching.
Requires substantial visual acuity and manual dexterity for handling and preparation of instruments and sterile field.
Potential of regular exposure to communicable diseases and/or blood band body substances and hazardous materials requiring the observance of Standard Precautions and safe handling practices.
Potential for exposure to disagreeable elements such as odors, sights, drainage, etc.
UM Charles Regional is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location/Region: La Plata, MD (20646)