Company: Herdt Consulting, Inc.
An excellent opportunity with a highly successful, Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB). Every day, our clients trust Herdt to help navigate their most complex business and organizational challenges. We partner with our clients at all levels to ensure all business objectives are fully realized. Herdt provides project management, process and leadership support as well as specialized technical support to the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other Federal agencies. Herdt employees are accomplished individuals who have served as hands-on leaders in the U.S. military and private industry - We hire the best. Our employees lead some of the most complex enterprise business systems and business processes through implementation and sustainment. We are valued for our technical knowledge, business process expertise and industry best-practice solutions.
The candidate shall provide professional consulting services to support the NAVAIR Navy ERP Business Office (NBO). The Navy ERP financial analyst provides SAP technical support for Navy financial and management accounting processes.
The candidate works directly with NBO government personnel, NAVAIR Navy ERP end-users, and business process owners to analyze and troubleshoot Navy ERP system issues. The analyst provides sustainment and end-user support as well as technical guidance for the financial modules and the associated financial business processes.
The position requires a Secret Clearance; candidates must have or, be able to obtain interim secret clearance due to a favorable review of the investigative questionnaire and fingerprint results.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Providing subject matter expertise on Navy ERP financial business processes.
- Analyze, resolve, and track end-user issues and problems as they relate to financial business processes.
- Develop recommendations and alternatives to potential solutions to limit impacts.
- Assess business process recurring errors and locate root causes.
- Analyze and resolve Navy ERP problems and issues and work with the NBO and the Navy ERP Sustainment (i.e., NAVSUP Business Systems Center) teams to resolve HEAT tickets
- Assist in gathering and compiling inputs for proposed system and business process changes.
Experience/Education Requirements and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Navy ERP processing in one or more of the following areas is highly desired: 1. Cash/DDEF, 2. Sales order processing and billing
- Skill in applying complex fact-finding, analytical, and problem-solving methods and techniques to resolve problems.
- Knowledge of policies, regulations and precedents and the interrelationships among operational and functional programs.
- Ability to lead personnel, administer management policies and procedures, and to coordinate functions between various groups to accomplish intended goals.
- Ability to exercise responsibilities in dealing with officials of other units or organizations or in advising management officials or higher rank.
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products (Required)
- Strong organization skills (Required)
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team (Required)
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills (Required)
- Must have a degree (AA/AS or BA/BS) in Accounting or Finance or at least 2 years of General Ledger accounting experience in Navy ERP.
- DoD Secret Clearance
Location/Region: Lexington Park