The Bookkeeper will be responsible for administering the financial business, records and accounts of the church accurately, thoroughly, and on a timely basis.
This includes (but is not limited to) paying the parish's bills; handling payroll; performing fund accounting; confirming proper procedures are being followed with regard to deposits and expenses; maintaining all appropriate finance records; producing accurate reports; assisting with the formation of parish budgets; reconciling accounts; cooperating with parish staff and leadership; and assisting with the annual audit.
10-15 hours per week.
* Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
* Checks figures, posting and documents for mathematical accuracy, proper classification codes, and correct entry.
* Records financial data and maintains accurate data through the use of checks, deposits, journal entries, proprietary software and spreadsheets.
* Processes accounts payable transactions with proper approval by designated authorities.
* Acts as payroll administrator and benefits coordinator for Christ Church and Christ Church Day School.
* Maintains accuracy for all financial and budgetary reports.
* Acts as Secretary for the Church Finance Committee and the Investment and Endowment Board.
* Under the direction of the Treasurer, facilitates the annual canonical audit.
* Works with parish manager to supplement needs of Parish in areas not specifically identified by this position duty statement.
* Financial management
* Accuracy and thoroughness
* Ethical and professional conduct
Location/Region: Easton, MD (21601)