ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Operate trucks for the delivery, pickup and relocation of products.
* Provide timely and courteous delivery of materials between various types of establishments.
* Perform all duties according to appropriate safety and security standards.
* Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
* Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
* Maintain and protect all property entrusted to you in excellent condition (including a clean truck).
* Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
* Report unsafe acts or conditions that require the attention of any person other than the driver.
* Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting any deficiencies, hazards, or concerns.
* Perform pre and post trip load inspections, ensuring materials are loaded properly; straps are secured and tightened; and communicate any problems or concerns with loads before beginning a trip or unloading at a delivery site.
* Verify load/delivery paperwork matches load every trip before leaving the site.
* Accurately record time on duty, driving, off duty, and pre and post trip inspections.
* Operate vehicle according to all federal, state and local laws, including those pertaining to Department of Transportation regulations.
* Report any vehicle, load, or safety concerns immediately to the supervisor while en-route.
* Maintain a professional appearance and driving manner, and provide excellent customer service at all delivery sites.
Work to resolve customer service issues at the time of delivery, or escalate them as appropriate to the supervisor.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS: * Dump truck driving experience
* Must hold a valid CDL and good driving record * Ability to perform heavy manual tasks and to lift and carry approximately 50 - 100 lbs.
* Ability to work in adverse weather conditions; both heat and cold
* Ability to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times
* Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and our customers.
* Ability to communicate effectively with other co-workers, managers, and customers.
Location/Region: Waldorf, MD (20602)