Maryland Community for Life? Talbot (MCFLT) is a nonprofit component fund of Mid-Shore Community Foundation.
The Maryland Department of Aging is implementing this innovative, first of its kind in the nation, program in partnership with the non-profit community to support seniors 65+ to live at home longer, while preventing issues that require higher levels of more expensive care.
This membership-based program provides research-based, non-medical, professional services in a customized core package - home maintenance, transportation, and a Service Navigator to support and connect members to appropriate services.
This service package is designed to prevent falls, contractor fraud, and isolation, while preserving members' independence and important assets - their homes and their hard-earned savings.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Executive Board, the Service Navigator will be the first point of contact for individuals seeking to become members and/or volunteers, and will be the key contact with members for developing a customized plan of services and support.
The primary responsibilities of the Navigator include:
* Primary point of contact to provide exceptional customer service to members and volunteers
* Perform all duties related to volunteer and member recruitment and retention
* Oversee and coordinate services of Home Maintenance Specialist
* Manage day-to-day operations, including data collection, analysis, and reporting
* Serve as MCFLT liaison to the community.
* Bachelor's degree required or relevant experience in related field of gerontology, human services social work or community health
* Experience in business administration, program development and evaluation, and non-profit community organizations a plus
Desired Skills and Abilities: * High energy, positive person; organized; excellent communication, relationship, and negotiating skills
* Flexible, collaborative, efficient, and eager to help
* Competency required in Microsoft Office Suite.
Required to use MCFLT software for scheduling.
* 24-32 hours per week; hourly wage based on prior work experience
Location/Region: Saint Michaels, MD (US - 21663)