The Maryland State Treasurer's Office is seeking an Executive to serve as the Director of Information Technology. This position is responsible for providing information processing system support for all Agency activities. The person who will ultimately fill this position will be responsible for translating the agency mission into daily operations and building the organizational support needed to achieve the mission within the Information Technology Division.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose Of Job
The Director of Information Technology is an Executive Service position that leads the Information Technology Division. This position is responsible for establishing, planning and administering the goals and policies for the Information Technology Division to meet the needs of the agency's IT and data needs. Duties encompass maintaining and enhancing the operations integrity of all business application systems, technical infrastructure, and system and data security to meet the needs of the agency in servicing the citizens of the State of Maryland and State of Maryland agencies.
- Manage all IT staff including reviews, roles and responsibilities, training, delegation of assignments and monitoring of performance
- Manage and report on IT Division projects and bring those projects to successful completion within budget, scope, and time line
- Manage all IT operations of the IT Department including Help Desk, network infrastructure, VM server stack, Microsoft cloud Dynamics 365 Enterprise Edition ERP applications, custom development of applications and reports, IT security, Desktops, email, DR and BR operations, office applications, and all master file transfer systems and programs to other agencies and partners
- Analyze the IT needs of each division in STO and assist in establishing priorities for applications, data processing needs, and implementations for STO's current/new information processing systems
- Develop, implement, and maintain a 5-year technology master plan that aligns the agency's technology services, strategic initiatives, and initiatives adjoining the State's technology initiatives, agency budget, and STO business unit needs
- Implement technology solutions and business process transformations to keep the agency data processing services efficient and effective
- Develop Requests for Proposals and contracts with outside data processing firms for services and products
- Implement, maintain, and monitor network, email, and application security
- Implement data backup and disaster recover procedures for the STO to protect proprietary data and systems
- Prepare annual IT budget, monitor and verify expenses, renew IT product and service contracts, develop strategic plans, and provide support to all areas of IT
- Participate in state IT activities and ensure agency meets all state IT policies
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of IT experience, including 6+ years of management responsibilities for a technical application and infrastructure team comprised of technical staff with responsibilities for network infrastructure, business applications, cloud services, server operations, help desk, data security, budgets, and project planning
- The ability to effectively communicate complex technical topics with all levels of associates including management
- Knowledge of, or experience with state government operations, State of Maryland IT procurement processes, Microsoft technology stack, Dynamics 365, web services, custom development, Azure cloud services, and banking services
- A Master’s degree in a technical field
Notes: Applicants will be subject to a background investigation to include credit, criminal and driving history
The examination consists of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on the information contained in your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information to describe your training and experience, on your application. You may be asked to supply transcripts upon interview.
General questions about this recruitment can be directed to HR at 410-260-6382.
Please upload a current resume' for this recruitment.
If you do not have access to the Internet and need to fill out a paper application, please forward to:
Maryland State Treasurer's Office
80 Calvert Street, Room 109
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
Attn: Human Resources
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
This is an Executive Service Position which serves at the pleasure of the Maryland State Treasurer and her designated appointees