Our ideal candidate has experience in restoration and is comfortable
working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and
products, possessing great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. Good working knowledge
of wood properties and other carpentry materials and the use of all necessary
tools is a must. S/he should be capable of working with little supervision
while following all health and safety standards. We offer excellent pay and
benefits for the right candidate.
Carpenter Duties and Responsibilities
· Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and sketches and to fully
· Accuracy taking measurements and calculating the size and amount
of material needed for a project.
· Skilled in use of all tools necessary to cut, shape and smooth
lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements.
· Able to build window frames, doors, staircases, brattices, and
frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
· Able to install items such as hardwood floors, siding, trim,
cabinets, drywall, and insulation a plus
· Skills needed to lay out flooring, roofing, and drywall,
ensuring they are level, plumb, and installed with as little waste possible.
· Inspect products and conduct repairs or maintenance as needed.
· Ability to assemble/build scaffolding and other needed
- Be able to plan, perform, or
troubleshoot anything that needs to be done on the job, both individually,
and with a team.
Carpenter Requirements and Qualifications
· High school diploma
· Valid driver’s license
· 10 years experience as a Carpenter
· Have own tools
· Strong working knowledge of carpentry techniques and methods,
including installation and construction.
· Proficient in using electrical and hand tools as well as
· Ability to accurately read blueprints and technical drawings
· Willingness to comply with safety guidelines at all times
· Solid basic math skills
· Must pass drug test and background check
Location/Region: Capitol Heights, MD