PPM is a thriving Planned Parenthood affiliate with a healthy financial standing and the capacity for expansion of our clinical services as well as our geographic reach.
Our mission is to enable all Marylander's to have access to a wide range of high quality, affordable reproductive health care services.
By providing medical services, education, training and advocacy, PPM seeks to help individuals make informed decisions about their reproductive health, family planning options, and sexuality.
Under the general direction of the Health Center Director for operational and administrative responsibilities; under the general direction of the Medical Director for the provision of high quality reproductive health care to PPM patients in accordance with the Standards & Guidelines of Planned Parenthood of Maryland and Planned Parenthood Federation of America.
1. Provide primary reproductive health care to women and men in affiliate ambulatory setting, including: reviewing medical history, performing a physical assessment, ordering and interpreting lab testing, diagnosing, and treating health issues with an emphasis on reproductive care.
2. Provide all aspects of medical abortion care allowed by law (laboratory testing, patient medical screening, ultrasound performance and interpretation, patient education and informed consent, surgical and recovery room, post-abortion follow-up visits, etc), under standing orders, and within PPM Medical Standards and Guidelines.
3. Provide clinical services at an average rate of 3.0 to 4.0 patients/hour or greater, using PPFA and PPM standards and guidelines.
Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity.
4. Provide appropriate contraceptive methods, per credentialing and all PPM Standards & Guidelines.
5. Perform pre- and post-op exams to include pre-essure exam, pre-vas physical exam and post-vas sperm count.
6. Make appropriate referrals for patients that have significant medical problems.
7. Oversee ultrasounds performed for gestational age dating and early pregnancy issues.
Consults with physician and refers as appropriate.
8. Supervise care and follow up of early pregnancy loss patients according to PPM Standards & Guidelines.
9. Develop skills to independently perform suction aspiration for failed pregnancies.
10. Ensure or supervise proper follow-up for abnormal laboratory tests and/or significant medical problem referrals.
Utilize MIS (Medical Information Systems) for recording and follow-up of medical care.
11. Supervise/review pill evaluation documentation.
12. Complete Encounter Forms appropriately with knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding.
Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
13. Manage emergency situations in the Health Center.
14. Provide phone consultation to patients, including referrals as necessary.
15. Function as clinical resource for family planning and abortion issues for health center staff.
Provide in-service training and/or individual instruction to staff as required.
16. Adhere to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints.
17. When scheduled, serve as a resource for the call center including addressing patient clinical questions, lab notification and follow-up, as needed.
18. When scheduled, conduct centralized follow-up for labs, radiology studies and referrals, as indicted and in accordance with PPM policies and procedures.
19. Serve as a provider for online health services for the provision of birth control, evaluation for urinary tract infections and sexually transmitted infection screening, in accordance with PPM policies and the appropriate laws and regulations.
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS: Education/Experience: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to minimum of:
Possession of a BS degree and a graduate of Certified/Approved Advanced training program: MD/DO, Nurse Practitioner, or Certified Nurse Midwife; and
Two (2) years experience working as a Clinician in OB/GYN, WHC or adult practice preferred.
3. Maintains current CPR or ACLS certification.
PPM has a comprehensive and competitive compensation/benefits program for full-time employees to include employer matched 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, employer paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary and supplemental life insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave and a generous time off package.
PPM is an equal opportunity employer. It is PPM's policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, military status, physical or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy, child birth or related medical condition, personal appearance, familial status, political opinion, source of income, occupation, or any other category protected by law.
Location/Region: Easton, MD (US - 21601)