Performs specialized examinations of the breast to help in the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease in women patients for our client facilities. Mammography Technologist may perform screening exams or diagnostic exams.
Education: Completion of a two year approved School of Radiologic Technology
Experience: One year full time experience as a Mammography Technologist
Licensure: ARRT Registered.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Mammography Technologist is expected to practice safe procedures and adheres to radiation safety measures under the supervision of the Radiology supervisor or the Radiologist. Specific duties may include but are not limited to:
• Complete patient education regarding the exam
• Promote privacy for the patient
• Promote comfort for the patient
• Perform diagnostic or screening mammogram as ordered
• Prepares for and assists the Radiologist in the completion of intricate mammography examinations, including breast biopsies.
Location/Region: National Harbor, MD