- BS in Chemistry or equivalent lab experience.
- Lab and personnel management skills.
- Capable of performing and directing lab work and flow.
- Excellent color matching skills.
- General computer knowledge and the ability to use Microsoft Works, Excel and Corel software.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Must be able to transport up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to wear a chemical cartridge respirator.
- Must be able to travel to printing companies for color matching test strip labels as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages personnel, including time card approval, counseling/disciplining, and conducting performance appraisals.
- Conducts testing at all stages of test strip and liquid reagent production as needed.
- Prioritizes work schedule for ADM, Converting, and QC lab personnel.
- Schedules raw material qualifications (RMQs).
- Conducts/schedules QC testing on all purchased test strips as needed.
- Assists R&D and test strip production and reagent production with solving problems.
- Assists in the development of test strip colors for “batch matched” product and new products.
- Travels to and works with printers to develop test strip colors.
- Conducts investigations of both internal and external customer complaints.
- Trains new department employees.
- Provides QC support to all product lines in the absence of other QC analysts/technicians.
- Performs 5S duties as assigned.
- Participates in Operational Excellence activities but not limited to
- Operational Excellence training and events such as kaizen or a 5-day event.
- 5-S program in the department as assigned.
- DMAICS. Continuously looks for ways to improve any aspect of the Company’s operations and develops and implements DMAICS accordingly.
- Notifies Coordinators, Supervisors, Managers of any production equipment, safety, personnel problems, etc. and cooperates in resolving such issues as well. For example, requests assistance when systems prevent efficient performance of duties or when a system fails.
- Provides Coordinators, Supervisors, Managers with feedback to determine where additional training would benefit and obtains additional training as necessary.
- Complies with all Company policies (i.e. personnel, safety, etc).
- Performs other Manufacturing/Production duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned (Such duties may or may not be essential to the job)
Environmental Factors/Physical/Mental Capabilities:
Works indoors in temperature-controlled environment. Handles various chemicals. Requires good judgment, good problem solving, communication and math skills as well as good color perception. Position requires walking, standing, sitting and transporting up to 40 lbs.
About this company
LaMotte Company, an industry leader of water testing products since 1919, developed and globally sells a revolutionary new product that has changed the world of water testing. Located in Chestertown, MD in a small college town on the Chester River, we are an hour away from Annapolis, and 1.5 hours away from Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Baltimore and ocean beaches. We tout a fast growing business and a welcoming, engaging culture that encourages creativity. Our employees and our employee benefits are awesome!
Location/Region: Chestertown, MD