- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 years of manufacturing experience, with 3 years in supervisory experience preferred.
- General computer knowledge and the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Company business software.
- Requires good judgment & problem solving.
- Requires communication & math skills as well as good color perception.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the Test Strips and Liquid Reagent Departments.
- Has accountability for the safety, quality, production, and personnel functions of Test Strips and Liquid Reagents.
- Ensures that the department achieves the highest level of production efficiencies, while maintaining our quality standards.
- Works with the Assistant Manager/Scheduler to develop and distribute production schedules with a focus of “On Time, Every Time.” Identifies scheduling priorities.
- Ensures that production aides are maintained and preventative maintenance program followed.
- Works with production coordinators to identify staffing needs.
- Follows and enforces company policies. Completes performance appraisals, reviews time cards, and maintains record of employee attendance.
- Interfaces with Purchasing, Marketing/Customer Service, Supply Chain and Production to identify schedule and product status.
- Conducts oneself professionally and leads by example. Maintains confidentiality of company information and personnel information.
- Works with the Assistant Manager/Scheduler to develop and maintain performance standards and performance measurements.
- Leads daily Gemba Walks.
- Participates in Operational Excellence activities but not limited to
a. Operational Excellence training and events such as kaizen or a 5-day event.
b. 5-S program in the department as assigned.
c. DMAICs. Continuously look for ways to improve any aspect of the Company’s operations and develop and implement DMAICs accordingly.
- Notifies Coordinators, Supervisors, Managers of any production equipment, safety, personnel problems, etc. and cooperates in resolving such issues as well. For example, requests assistance when systems prevent efficient performance of duties or when a system fails.
- Provides Coordinators, Supervisors, Managers with feedback to determine where additional training would benefit and obtains additional training as necessary.
- Complies with all Company policies (i.e. personnel, safety, etc).
- Performs other duties as assigned (Such duties may or may not be essential to the job)
Environmental Factors/Physical/Mental Capabilities:
Works indoors in temperature-controlled environment. Handles various chemicals. Requires good judgment, good problem solving, communication and math skills as well as good color perception. Position requires walking, standing, sitting and transporting up to 40 lbs.
Includes great benefits!
About this company
LaMotte Company, an industry leader of water testing products since 1919, developed and globally sells a revolutionary new product that has changed the world of water testing. Located in Chestertown, MD in a small college town on the Chester River, we are an hour away from Annapolis, and 1.5 hours away from Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Baltimore and ocean beaches. We tout a fast growing business and a welcoming, engaging culture that encourages creativity. Our employees and our employee benefits are awesome!
Location/Region: Chestertown, MD