Christiana Care Health System is currently seeking a full-time Registered Nurse for the Radiation Oncology department at Union Hospital located in Elkton, Maryland. In this role you will coordinate patient care management in conjunction with the Radiation Oncologists, the patient’s multidisciplinary team and other team members, with the objective of ensuring continuum of care is maintained and high quality patient care is delivered.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Nursing assessment of patients before, during, and after radiation therapy
• Extensive patient education
• Coordinate care with the Radiation Oncologists based on the prescribed plan of care
• Coordination of care with Medical Oncology and other healthcare provider
• Provide triage and care management for a case load of 20 – 25 patients daily
• Provide scheduling assistance to front office staff regarding imaging studies, new patient and re-eval patient consults, etc
• BSN required or commitment to obtaining within three years from date of hire
• Two years of nursing experience required
• Oncology nursing experience required
• Oncology Certified Nursing (OCN) preferred; if not currently certified, must become certified within two (2) years of employment
• Delaware and Maryland RN license required
• Critical thinking skills
• Able to multitask
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent communication skills
Initial orientation will be at the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center in Newark, DE.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
People who live in and around Wilmington and Newark will tell you what a great region this is. A rewarding career with Christiana Care is your connection to it all. Here, you'll enjoy:
• Lower living costs and no sales tax.
• Excellent shopping, entertainment and restaurants.
• High-quality public and private schools, universities and colleges.
• Reliable public transportation, air and rail services.
• Short driving distances to Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
• Beautiful homes in welcoming neighborhoods.
• A choice of urban, suburban and rural locations.
• Delaware's pristine beaches, waterways and parks.
Location/Region: Elkton, MD