Needed for Southern MD home improvement company.
Basic tools and transportation a must. Pay negotiable upon experience.
Responsible for assisting carpenters on job sites with carious tasks, including
* Gather materials for workers to handle on job sites.
* Keep job sites clean and machines serviced.
* Cover services with plastic material to protect them.
* Cut and install insulation. * Cut and fit tile or linoleum.
* Spread adhesives on flooring to prep for tile.
* Build scaffolding, shoring, and braces.
* Cut timber and lumber to specified dimensions.
* Hold timbers, lumber, and paneling in place for fastening or cutting.
* Drill holes in lumber. * Hold plumb bobs, sighting rods, and other equipment, to aid in establishing reference points and lines.
* Assist in the layout of foundation, building lines and anchor bolts.
* Set hollow metal doors and frames. * Install toilets.
* Install trim and cabinets. * Place and set slabs and sidewalks.
* Unload materials from trucks. * Assist with slabs and elevated structures.
* Frame wood. * Establish reference points and lines.
* Smooth and sand surfaces using power sanders.
Location/Region: Waldorf, MD (20601)